Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2016 22:00

Issues with HDMI Audio and Mouse - i7359

Hi - I have following 2 issues with my new i7359 laptop and would like to have solutions to them:

1 - When I connect a hdmi device, laptop sometimes doesn't transmit audio to the hdmi device. When that happens, the hdmi audio device does not show up in Playback devices either, even when I have enabled showing disconnected or disabled devices. The issue is occasional and happens only sometimes, while other times audio just works fine. Whenever audio doesn't work on hdmi, rebooting resolves the issue. I have tried upgrading all the drivers using Dell utility, but problem still persists.

2 - Other problem I face is issues with mouse pointer. It happens frequently that the mouse pointer starts jumping back and forth. I have tried cleaning the screen every time this happens, but the issue is persistent.

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

1- for the issue with HDMI - we would suggest you to try a known good HDMI cable and check if that works.In the case that the know good HDMI cable works fine then is should be a problem with the cable,else there could be a hardware issue with the system.

2- for the mouse pointer erratic can you please do let us know if you are using the touchpad or an external mouse. If this happens on the touchpad then check if the same happens with an external mouse.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

October 19th, 2016 11:00

I can't figure out how to send a PM on this forum!

October 19th, 2016 11:00

Hi Robin - My answers are as below:

1 - I have tried multiple HDMI cables and the issue crops up occasionally with every cable.

2 - I have always used touchpad on the system. Will check with mouse too and let you know.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

1- HDMI when you say occasionally with all the cables,have you tried updating the drivers.

2- Touchpad please do let us know if external mouse works .

Kindly add me to your list and then you will be able to private message me .

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!