Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2015 17:00

Issues with Maxx Audio after Windows 10 "upgrade"

It appears I'm not the only one with this issue. I am using an Inspiron 17R 5737 laptop that came with Windows 8.1. After upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed a couple of things: 1. In Dell audio, my Waves Maxx Audio 4 works, but I am missing all of my presets in the EQ and I am actually not able to adjust ANY settings at all. I have called Dell 3 times now, resulting in a total of 6 hours on the phone, where they had me uninstall and then download and reinstall the Realtek audio driver. After downloading and installing 2 times, the EQ presets came back, but I am still unable to do anything else within the program. I have noticed, after the first time, that updating the driver causes the error with Maxx Audio. So the second time I reinstalled, I did NOT update the driver, but I am still unable to make any changes in the program. This is very frustrating because I record music and mix the final product with my laptop.

The 2nd issue I have will have to be directed in a different forum, as it has to do with my laptop not waking from sleep mode.

Any help with the audio issue would be very much appreciated.

4 Posts

February 14th, 2016 14:00

I solved this issue by first downloading the latest Realtek audio drivers from Dell. For my XPS15/M3800 it was Realtek ALC3661 Audio Codec version 6.0.1.7525,A00. This is a 325MB download. After installing this and going through 1 or 2 reboots, my Dell Audio Sound Manager was restored but all MaxxAudio presets were missing. To fix this, I opened the Device Manager-->Sound, Video, and Game Controllers the right-clicked Realtek High Definition Audio and selected Update Driver Software. I chose to search automatically for updates. Windows found an updated version 6.0.1.7628, installed it, rebooted, and then my presets were restored.

4 Posts

November 22nd, 2015 18:00

fair warning,once you get waves working, disable any further windows updates untill dell fixes problem. i wnt into settings and changed waves to work on 8.1 compatability.november windows update will wipe all and every thing audio on your dell,and nothing will work.window will then install windows *** and tell you for them to fix your proper audio program you will have to pay windows for advanced tech support. if you tell them u are going to go back to 8 windows get mad and do not follow up on tech appointments or give further help

219 Posts

June 1st, 2016 15:00

fair warning,once you get waves working, disable any further windows updates untill dell fixes problem. i wnt into settings and changed waves to work on 8.1 compatability.november windows update will wipe all and every thing audio on your dell,and nothing will work.window will then install windows *** and tell you for them to fix your proper audio program you will have to pay windows for advanced tech support. if you tell them u are going to go back to 8 windows get mad and do not follow up on tech appointments or give further help

The problem is also on MaxxAudio's end.  Waves Ltd has acknowledged the Win10 problem on its web site:

http://www.maxx.com/support/

A note on Audio Drivers for Windows 10

With the upgrade to Windows 10, some users have encountered issues with their audio drivers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure compatibility with Waves in the Windows 10 environment.

Please consult the above support websites for further information on official support and updated audio drivers.

For any problems with the audio drivers on your Dell laptop or desktop, please consult this list of Dell laptops and desktops tested for Windows 10.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2017 10:00

More than a year and simple issues can´t be fixed. Everytime I unplug my headphones and plugg them back, I have to hit ok in a wave Maxx pop up to change from speaker to headphone. Very anoying.

No Events found!