Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2015 18:00

Issues with Touchpad and Dell Customer Care and Dell as a whole

This  has been my first and almost certainly last experience with Dell. I bought the XPS 13 2015 laptop this summer for university. The laptop cost about a quarter of my tuition,  but my parents, who would be thousands of miles away suggested I buy "the best laptop possible" so that I don't have problems with it over the next few years, and I can focus on my studies,  majority of which takes place on my computer.

Problems started immediately and to date, over the past 3 months I have spent anywhere between 20-30 hours on the phone dealing with technical support. With the first issue, Dell did their job and sent someone to fix the issue as it was covered by my warranty.

The second and current issue is that my touchpad often becomes unresponsive and then start acting on its own accord, clicking around my screen, closing or opening windows etc. This issue has taken me through 3 Xps service reps and over 10 hours over the past month dealing with tech support. Each time they reinstall some driver or another,  click around for about an hour and then tell me that the problem should be fixed by now and that I should call back if there are any issues. The original issue was never solved despite the long time delay and hours I've spent with tech support. They seem to want to catch the first opportunity to leave the conversation.

If I could I would return the laptop for my money back and get a computer from a better company. Definitely going to spend any free time I get down rating my laptop and dell has a whole, and recommending to everyone to not EVER go with dell. This is what happens when you don't help a potentially loyal customer who would have recommended Dell to everyone.

• 

351 Posts

October 28th, 2015 05:00

Hi Kaiser95,

Sorry to see you're having problems with the touchpad. You've clearly let the Dell techs spend a lot of time  trying to fix your issue, so I can understand why you feel the way you do.

If you want you can private message (PM) me with the Service Tag or any case numbers and I can have a look at the history of the issue and see if there's anything I can do to get this fixed for you. 

4 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 17:00

Hi colin!

I hadn't seen your last post and since then my laptop ( after a very tiresome experience) was replaced by dell. However the replacement laptop has several more issues than the previous one . I have emailed every department from dell that I had contacted with before and the only response I have received was that they had tried to contact me, but the call got cut. I have not received any calls in my voicemail and no emails to request for a time that is suitable to me. It has been almost two months at this point, and no one has contacted me. I haven't bothered to call in to the customer service because it is a tiresome process to have to deal with a new person every time who isn't familiar with the case and who will inevitably have to pass the case on to someone else. Since it has taken so long, and this is a primary source of my work I have had to buy a full new laptop.  I would like either a full refund or an actual computer that works. 

These are the issues with my laptop.

1.The display driver crashing every few minutes.
2.The enter key does not work 50% of the time. 
3.The laptop overheats
4.Various important applications to my work do not run properly on my computer
5. Whenever I am using a browser or watching a video the below attached warning comes, and make screen goes either white or black.
6. In other cases, a terminal window pops up randomly and a black window with a lot of code running goes through my entire screen. It is quite a terrifying experience.
7. Battery does not last more than 3 hours while using microsoft excel. 

• 

351 Posts

February 24th, 2016 03:00

Hi kaiser95,

You don't mention what system you have now or what you have done to try and resolve your issues. Send me a PM with your system details - service tag etc - and I'll take a look and see what I can do to get your system working again

No Events found!