Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2016 09:00

JBL Charge 3 - Problems pairing - HELP!

I have just purchased a JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have had to buy a USB Bluetooth adaptor V4.0 for my laptop as although the software appeared to be there, the hardware wasn't.  However with help I have got it up and running and can easily pair my Samsung tablet, a Sony Z5 smartphone and a pair of Kitsound Manhattan headphones.

The tablet and the smartphone also easily pair to the speakers, no problem at all and the sound is fantastic!

My problems start when attempting to pair the speakers with my laptop.

I can see the speakers in Devices & Printers.  In the Properties it tells me that the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).  If I double click on the device the information is repeated and in addition it states that "There is no driver selected for the device information set or element" and "To find a driver for this device click on Update Driver"

"Update Driver" button is greyed out.

If I right click on the Speaker icon and bring up the menu and hit Playback Devices the JBL Charge 3 is not listed so cannot be selected.

I am not IT literate but I can follow simply explained instructions.

I have contacted JBL but they conclude that I must contact Dell for the drivers.  They also state that the speakers work on A2DP AVRCP protocols - whatever that means!

These are very excellent speakers and I really do not want to miss out on not being able to use them with my computer.

Can anyone help please?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 12th, 2016 06:00

Hello. Post on the Network Internet Wireless board and see if they can help. Mention that you already posted on the Laptop Audio board.

No Events found!