Vanguardme
1 Copper

RE: Just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - How do I turn on the backlit keyboard feature?

Jump to solution

I found the answer by accident after reading one of the posts above.  I pressed windowskey-X, and then selected Mobility Center and saw this come up.  I have Windows 8.1  I slid the keyboard backlighting thing to the right to turn it on - there are two settings, dim and bright.  It's on all the time, not only when typing.  I had an XPS that would only light when typing, but apparently this doesn't have that feature.

Vanguardme
1 Copper

RE: Just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - How do I turn on the backlit keyboard feature?

Jump to solution

I also found that my Fn Key Behavior, as you see above, was set to Multimedia instead of function key.  When I toggled it to Function Key the Fn-F10 key worked for adjusting the keyboard backlighting.  What I did not find, however, was the setting for self switch off after x-minutes of inactivity.  But at least I got it working!

iamnaeem
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I Have Just Bought Inspiron 15 3000 N3543 ci5-5200u 

I have no idea How To Turn on keyboard backlight can u Please help i'm Sick of trying All Method...

Vanguardme
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I believe it's an option on your model, so if you have it the F10 key will have a little light icon on it.  If the icon isn't there you may not have that option included on your computer.  Fn+F10 key should toggle the keyboard backlight if you have it.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

The first thing to do is verify that you have a backlit keyboard -- it is not standard on this model, it's optional.

To verify, check the "original configuration" at support.dell.com (or the Dell site in the country of purchase if it wasn't the USA).  If there's no backlit keyboard listed in the hardware manifest, you do not have a backlit keyboard option.

0 Kudos
eenymod
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I hit FN key and F10 At the same time, and mine comes on. 

0 Kudos
hkfl10
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i bought my new inspiron 5559 i7 running windows 10 and it doesnt have lights on its keyboard.. it is really possible to not have that keyboard backlight? or its just i missed some drivers for it? please reply to my question.. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Doug Attig
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Try holding down the Fn key and pressing F10. You should get varying intensities by pressing F10 multiple times.

0 Kudos
Doug Attig
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hold down Fn key and tap F10. Tap it several times to get different light levels.

0 Kudos
davidsoliman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

fn f10 doesnt work for me and ctrl f10 doesn either pls help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos