Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2015 14:00

Keyboard and mouse won't work after sleep or hibernate

Hi, so, I have a Dell Inspiron 15, and I got it back in March as a gift. I used it for two weeks, with, as I recall, no issue, but it got left at my parents house till the other day, so I haven't been able to use it again till now. I've had issues with it since then with it freezing and I'd have to hard reset it, it would freeze every hour and and a half or so. I've been trying to fix that, I think it was because I had 150 important updates that wouldn't install. I got to the bottom of that, and played with some performance settings, and the freezing has stopped, but now, every time my laptop sleeps or hibernates, upon waking, the touchpad and keyboard won't work until I restart it. I plugged in a USB mouse and that works. I've tried updating the drivers and even rolling back the driver for the mouse, but that didn't work. For now, I've turned off the sleep/hibernate function when you close the lid as a temporary fix. Does anyone have any suggestions for a more permanent fix? Thanks so much in advance.

No Responses!
No Events found!