Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2016 14:00

Keyboard backlight - can it be always on?

I have an Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop that I use in a low-light environment. I would like to set the keyboard backlighting to be always on, so I don't have to press a key or tap the touchpad to temporarily enable the backlighting. I have looked in the BIOS, but I do not see such a setting. Is there a way to set up the laptop so that backlighting is always on? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Community Manager

• 

2.6K Posts

February 19th, 2024 17:36

Helpful video on How to Fix Keyboard Not Lighting Up:

7 Posts

October 30th, 2016 15:00

Look in your bios under System Configuration there might be a section called Keyboard Backlight with AC.  I haven't tried it but it sounds like what you are looking for.  Let us know how it works.

October 30th, 2016 16:00

Hi Hgeist

Thanks for writing to us.

I'd advise downloading the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack from our support.euro.dell.com--enter the service tag--submit--drivers & downloads--choose the operating system.

Once installed follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Depending on your setup;

a. If you have Category view selected choose Hardware and Sound then Dell Keyboard Backlight Settings and change the 'Turn off Backlight in' option to your desired setting. Click Apply.

b. If you have Icon view selected choose Dell Keyboard Backlight Settings and change the 'Turn off Backlight in' option to your desired setting. Click Apply.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under. Let us know the contact number and email address.

No Events found!