Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2017 06:00

Keyboard issue with Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series

Hi All, 

Not sure if anyone else has the same problem. For some reason, keys 2,w,s,a and x aren't working in my laptop. This is the second time this is happening and exactly same keys. The previous time (which was about 6 months from the time I bought the laptop) Dell changed the keypad and it was under warranty. 6 months later now, again the same problem. There is absolutely no physical damage or don't recall pouring any liquid or spilling food on the keypad.

As I have changed the hardware once and have the same issue now, and it doesn't seem like a software problem too. I know if I call customer support they would ask me to change the keypad and since its out of warranty now, I would have to pay for it, but I want to know if there is anyone else facing the same problem. 

Regards

Shailesh

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2017 09:00

bsshailesh,

Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

September 27th, 2017 14:00

Your keys might be stuck or there might be something like small stuff jammed them so cleaning required please try this or you can find more solutions here Laptop touchpad not working 

No Events found!