Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 16th, 2016 01:00

Keyboard not working after sleep

My keyboard does not work after my Dell XPS 15 9550 wakes up from sleep. I have to swipe up on the screen in order to type in my password to log in. Then the keyboard works fine.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a Windows issue.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 16th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Try the methods provided and check.

Method 1:

Update the drivers for the keyboard and check.Follow the steps to update drivers.

a) Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the ‘Start’ icon.

b) Select ‘device manager’.

c) Expand ‘Keyboard”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

Method 2:

a) Press “Windows +R” key on the keyboard to open Run command.
b) Now type devmgmt.msc in the search files and programs field.
c) At the device manager screen, right click on the Mice and other pointing devices.
d) Select properties.
e) Now you have to click on power management tab.
f) Now check mark Allow this device to wake the computer. Perform the same steps for Keyboard as well.

Kindly let us know if there are any further issues.

Thanks

Robin

February 16th, 2016 03:00

I already have the latest drivers for both my keyboard and mouse. For method 2, I could not find the power management tab in the device manager for the devices. Is there another way to get to the power management for the devices?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly login to the system as admin.If you are using windows 8 or above you can search for " power management" directly.

Thanks

Robin

February 22nd, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly login to the system as admin.If you are using windows 8 or above you can search for " power management" directly.

Thanks

Robin

I still can't find any power management anywhere. Not even when searching directly in Windows.
This is the window I get on my mouses and keyboards via device manager. I am logged in as an administrator on my computer.

June 19th, 2016 15:00

Hello,

I have the same problem and the tab "Power management" is missing (in Administrator also).

Any solutions?

Thanks a lot!

Beniamin

No Events found!