Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2014 15:00

Keyboard not working

Suddenly, on my Dell Precision m4700, the keyboard stopped working but the mouse continues to work fine.  Was using a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  Laptop keyboard also not working but the touch pad is.  Removing the Logitech usb thingy didnt help nor has rebooting.  Any ideas?

June 11th, 2014 08:00

Hi KoalaGuy,

Welcome to Community.

I recommend you to flash BIOS to the latest version and then update the touchpad driver form the following link:

http://dell.to/1pGMuNX

Enter the service tag and click Submit to get the drivers for your system model.
Note: While flashing BIOS connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has minimum 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the system till it restarts and comes up to the desktop. Restart the system after driver installation.
Let me also know if the external keyboard works fine.  Check if the touchpad is listed under Mice and Input Devices in the device manager after the update. If the issue persists even after the drivers update and if external keyboard works fine, press down on the palm rest on first the left side of the touch pad and then the right. See if the cursor starts moving on its own.

Please reply to this post for further assistance.

No Events found!