Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 18:00

Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

I purchased a Inspiron 7559 from the Dell Outlet in February and somehow 3 keys have come off my keyboard at different times since then. I do not abuse my laptop in any way and nobody else uses it but me. The keys that have come off got hard to press and I would try to see if I could press them down so they'd go back to normal but that didn't end up happening.  

I sent an email to Technical Support through Dell's website and received a response telling me the issue was due to the regular wear and tear of the system. I was then told that Dell has a specialized authorized department that takes care of the cases which involve physical/accidental damage, Cosmetic wear and tear or where the parts need to be replaced when there is no Complete Care Cover active on the system. I was then directed to the "Out of Warranty" department?!?

As I said before I haven't abused or damaged my laptop and a keyboard should last longer then a few months? I was always under the impression that a keyboard was an integral part of a laptop or desktop's operation? I've never had issues in the past getting a keyboard replacement when any Dell laptop I've had was still under warranty.

2K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi MSGEMS,

Have you done the retail registration? - http://dell.to/1Q0MoOu

Once done, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. And also, attach a copy of the invoice for us to review. Based on that, we shall advise further course of action.

Keep us updated.

44 Posts

August 24th, 2016 00:00

It says on the page that link goes to that if the computer was purchased from Dell that retail registration isn't required. I said in my original post that I purchased my laptop from the Dell Outlet. You should have the records of when I made my purchase and how long my warranty is for. I get I shouldn't assume that since I had to call in after receiving my laptop because your website showed that it was out of warranty not even a week after it was purchased. It turns out the service tag was still associated with the previous owner and I had to go through a whole process to get it corrected. 

Why you you  need a copy of my invoice?

2K Posts

August 25th, 2016 02:00

Hi MSGEMS,

Thank you for the response.

I would need a copy of the invoice for us to review and attach it to your records. Based on the system warranty and region, I can check on some options for you.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

44 Posts

August 25th, 2016 14:00

Everytime I try to upload a copy of the invoice and send the PM I get a page with this error.

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error.
Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

2K Posts

August 26th, 2016 05:00

Hi MSGEMS,

Hope you are trying to upload the invoice on the PM.

You might sometimes encounter this error if you would have logged into the community forums account on different browsers. So, try logging out of all the browsers and use Google Chrome and login and send me the PM. 

If you are unable to do that, then click on my username and send me an email with the requested info.

Keep us updated.

44 Posts

August 26th, 2016 10:00

I am using Google Chrome and yes I get the error when trying to upload my invoice. Is it because it's a PDF file?

2K Posts

August 27th, 2016 07:00

Hi MSGEMS,

Well, it might possibly be the reason. 

Could you try sending me an email instead? I have sent you a private message with the info.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!