Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2011 00:00

L502x Restarts on shutdown

my xpsL502x restarting when i shut down..i have try many solution,device manager,power management.

October 20th, 2011 22:00

Hi, Windows could face a problem during the boot, that cause an STOP error,  that could cause the constantly system reboot when clicked shutdown.

- Right click on my system and click on properties or go to control panel (win 7)

- Advance Settings, then advance,  in Startup and Recovery click on settings

- In system error, uncheck the option automatically restart and click accept

If still the same issue try a full OS reinstallation to solve the issue.  Regards

1 Message

November 6th, 2011 09:00

hi,

I have the same problem? Did you find something? I tried many things as first I thought that this comes from the operating system but it is not so as I installed another OS. The problem still happens.

Also I have an SSD on it. It is possible to be this the cause?

Thanks

4 Posts

November 9th, 2011 10:00

i also have same problem...do you have another alternative??...but sometimes it can shutdown properly..thanks

1 Message

August 23rd, 2013 18:00

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but did any of you guys work out the cause of this issue as I have encountered it also on an XPS L502x.

I have changed hard drive and OS but problem remains, looks like a hardware issue.

Anyone?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 28th, 2013 00:00

Hi anthgav,

Please start the system in Safe mode and shut donw the system down and check if it restarts. To go to ‘Safe Mode’ restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F8 key every two seconds. In the ‘Advanced Boot options’ window using arrow keys, select ‘Safe Mode’ and hit enter.

I also recommend you to flash BIOS and update video driver and check. Click on the link below, enter the system service tag and click Submit. Select the Operating system from the drop down list to get drivers for your system model:

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Restart the system after each update and check.  Let me know the status to assist you further.

No Events found!