Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2017 18:00

L51x alimentation issue

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, my Dell xps 15 started having an alimentation issue (ac adapter not recognised at all, battery not charging, system on battery). i finished my work and finished with a totaly empty battery.

I thought it was coming from the adapter, i've tested 2 other more today without any difference (both working on others dell computers, with one excatly the same of mine).

I've opened it, unpluged battery, performed a power drain test (power button pressed for 15-20 secs ) then connected the charger back to the system and tried to power on the system .

When the charger is connected to the system, the light on the charger continue to stay on.

I'm starting to thin this is a mainboard issue, even with battery unpluged the power light on the front remains off...

Thank you for helping.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2017 04:00

Before you undertake an expensive mainboard replacement, replace the DC jack in the system.

www.amazon.com/.../B009HENBME

2 Posts

July 26th, 2017 13:00

Thanks for your answer.

My bad, i've made a mistake while writing my title, it's a xps 15, l521x. As a result, my dc jack is welded on the mainboard (and well welded according to the simple ohmmerer tests i've performed on the mainboard).

Even though i'm not sure about the result, it seems that i'll have to change that board...

Do you think that that breakdown could come from another component.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 26th, 2017 14:00

If you can find a shop capable of soldering a new jack, it may be cheaper than a board replacement -- these seem to run $300 +/- $30 just for the board -- a repair should be half that.

If the DC jack doesn't solve the problem, the board needs replacement.

No Events found!