Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2014 23:00

LESS THAN 12 HOURS OLD ALIENWARE 17 BROKEN ALREADY

Like it says, I bought an alienware 17, and immediately the AMD driver corrupted and it seems deleted itself; I ran the catalyst which couldnt even detect the driver as existent and even though i tried to locate the driver on the site, i kept running into problem after problem, including that the cursor started behaving erratically, the dell detect drive program did absolutely nothing.

So I decided to restart my laptop and hope that it was a minor kink that would right itself with a good restart; it wasnt. 

it wouldnt load past recovery, so i tried resetting, then using my disc to re-install windows 8. The resetting got stuck and the laptop shut down which then my disc was stuck inside the laptop with no way to take it out, and now im stuck with the error code: 0xc0000001 and though it asked me to insert a disc or use a USB, the disc was already inside the machine. and regardless of what i pressed or tried, i couldnt even get to the menu where they give you the list of options where you can pick your poison. 

I am stuck on this screen for a few minutes before my laptop just shuts itself off because its not going anywhere anytime soon.

Im calling Dell support in the morning, this is disgusting frankly, and so far my experience with the customer care consultants has been below par at best. 

Wish me luck because for this<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>, im going to need it evidently. 

ALL I WANTED WAS A 2,500 LAPTOP THAT WORKED DELL.

2 Posts

April 30th, 2014 00:00

UPDATE: AFTER THREE HOURS ITS FINALLY TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS 8 I DONT EVEN KNOW IF ITLL WORK. THIS STILL DOESNT FIX MY AMD DRIVER WHICH WAS THE INITIAL PROBLEM
No Events found!