Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2013 02:00

Laptap Partition

Hi

I have purchased a New Laptap i would like to know the partition process. It has only one drive C with 452gb.

I would like to partition into more drives.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 19th, 2013 04:00

Hi mcnu12 ,

There would be two main partitions created by Dell which is C partition and a recovery partition. Please reply us with the snapshot of Disk management so that I can check and reply you with the details.

You can refer to the video in the link below for creating additional partitions on the system.

http://dell.to/IXKrVw

Note: The additional partition created in the video is for 5GB only. But you can do it to the maximum the operating system prescribes during the shrinking of the partition. Also, please backup all the data from the system before proceeding with the steps in the video.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 19th, 2013 05:00

To reiterate:  you MUST MAKE a set of recovery media before you alter the partition scheme in any way.  The system WILL NOT boot to the restore function after you alter the partition layout (and after you're done, you will want to make your own backup, since using the recovery media WILL DESTROY your changes and return the system to exactly the setup it had when you received it.

No Events found!