Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2011 06:00

Laptop Display faulty

I have my Dell Latitude D430. It's come a fault on display it's getting dimmed it's self and can't see anything. Just if  I move a lid into a sun light I can see something. Looks like no light aroun all display. Did anyone have same problem ever?

Thank you..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 18th, 2011 08:00

If there's a good image on an external monitor (test it), then the problem is the backlight, inverter -- or less probably, the mainboard.

297 Posts

June 18th, 2011 09:00

A very dim image but the screen otherwise working likely means a failed screen inverter or failed back-light tubes.

Try an external monitor and see is there a good image.

If that works then see can you run diagnostics. Might tell you if the inverter has failed. The inverter converts 12V DC into very high voltage AC.

If the inverter is toast then replace it.

If the back-lights are toast then you need new screen. It is very difficult to replace the tubes with breaking something.

Be aware duff tubes will cause the inverter to shut down as a fail-safe.

June 18th, 2011 09:00

Yes, I have checked with external monitor, it's work fine. I think same like you about inverter. Just one question it's can be inverter fault if I getting sort - circuit from steel frame around display to metal hinge? I hear inverter transfer voltage from low to high voltage did I'm correct? And on the end my warranty finished just 3 months ago, so no free repair from dell. :(

June 18th, 2011 10:00

Trying to find correct inverter, no way I can get it. Found few on ebay, but model are different. Just find out original solution to my problem: I registered Myself to Win new Dell Laptop, maybe it's come true :) anyway My birthday soon, so maybe Someone hear my dream :).

Did I'm Cool? m?

No Events found!