Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2014 13:00

Laptop E5430 re-install order/Broadcom 57xx Gigabit driver error

Hello, I am re-installing Windows 7, 64 bit and all system drivers on a Latitude E5430 following a hard drive crash.

I am following the installation order given here: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=613704

All was good until I got to the Broadcom 57xx Gigabit/BACS driver. I am just clicking Next through the wizard for this.

During install I see the message: Microsoft SNMP Service was not detected. you must install this service for the Advanced sub-agent to work properly. Setup will continue to install the Advanced Server components.

I press OK and the install finishes.

Did I miss a step to cause this? What can I check to make sure all is well? Would appreciate any help as the install list for the E5430 does look incomplete compared to the amount of drivers listed on the Resource CD, so I was almost sure I might miss something in the order or possibly miss a preference that should be checked on the wizard for one of the drivers.

Thank-you for your help.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 08:00

No, there is no special order from this point.  Just install the driver package that apply to your specific configuration.  If you have questions on which devices you have, you can usually find it in your order details, by inputting your Service Tag on support.dell.com and looking up 'original configuration', or by looking up the VEN and DEV ID's for the devices (right-click device in Device Manager, Properties, Details tab, change drop down to Hardware Ids).

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 24th, 2014 14:00

You can download the installation from here:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/office2010/X17-22376.exe

(Digital River is an online partner with Microsoft, responsible for order delivery and fulfillment for orders from Microsoft.com.)

1 Rookie

• 

41 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 14:00

Under My Computer/Manage/Device Manager is everything showing identified and installed?

I had a similar issue and it required me to right click on the device that was missing the driver, select Update Driver, map to the Dell Drivers folder and select install.  For some reason, running the install program wouldn't do it.

Hope this helps.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 22nd, 2014 19:00

Is this the driver you are installing?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e5430?driverId=PGHX7&osCode=W764&fileId=3301281890&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI

Are you using SNMP for anything?  If not, then don't worry about it.  It is used for remote monitoring, but MOST people who aren't in a large enterprise/organization don't use it.  Unless you know for sure that there is an advanced feature you need, you don't need to do the advanced/custom installation - the basic installation will suffice. To simplify, use the Update Package for Microsoft Windows version.  However, you probably already have what you need installed and should be fine.

12 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 06:00

Yes, that's the one. I don't think we are using any monitoring software on the laptop. We do on desktops. But if we need to use that later, I should be able just re-install with the option enabling by selecting the custom installation next time? I just skipped that part since the Dell Re-Install/Re-Image guide didn't mention that step. Thanks for the clarification on what that feature does.

Also, had another question on Wireless drivers. There is a multitude listed on the Resource CD. Are usually all the wireless drivers and applications that are listed needed or just certain ones?  Here is what I see on the CD when I select "My System" dropdown:

--Under Communication Applications
   -Dell Wireless 5560 HSPA Mini-Card Rev A00
   -Dell Wireless 5630 EVDO-HSPA Mobile Broadband Mini-Card Rev A00

--Under Communication Drivers
   - Dell Wireless 5560 HSPA Mini-Card Rev A00
   -Dell Wireless 5630 EVDO-HSPA Mobile Broadband Mini-Card Rev A00

--Under Network Drivers
  - Dell Wireless WLAN 1504 Half Mini-Card Dell Wireless WLAN 1540 Half Mini-Card Rev A00
  - Intel WiDi Link Rev A00
  - Intel WiFi Link 6205 Intel Wifi Link 6300, Intel WiMax 6250 Intel Wifi Link 6250 Rev A00

Similarly with the Conexant Drivers, there are multiple instances:

Under Communication Applications
- Conexant D330, HDA, MDC v92 modem Rev A00

Under Communication Diagnostics Utility
- Conexant D330, HDA, MDC v92 modem Rev A03

Under Communication Drivers
- Conexant D330, HDA, MDC v92 modem Rev A01

Under Communication Utilities
- Conexant D330, HDA, MDC v92 modem Rev A02

Is there a order of install I should follow with these?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 15:00

Have a look at these here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/

I still have some work to do with these videos but they explain details on checking everything is installed okay.

12 Posts

January 24th, 2014 12:00

Thanks for all the helpful posts!

12 Posts

January 24th, 2014 12:00

Ok, Hopefully this is my last question. How do I re-download Office 2010 Home and Business? I have the Activation card that came with the laptop but no install CD, it just was pre-installed on the laptop.

Since Microsoft has updated to Office 2013/Office 365, I am not finding a way to re-download it.

Anyone have a link? Can I somehow pull this off another laptop?

1 Rookie

• 

41 Posts

January 24th, 2014 13:00

You will need to go to My Dell Downloads if the software came with your Dell.

No Events found!