Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2011 17:00

Laptop Inspiron 1545

Just want to let everyone know how disgusted I am with Dell's customer service. I had a power cord that I had to replace (unfortunately, it was pinched and no longer worked, both pieces), I originally ordered a generic one, which worked for a few months and then my laptop would not recognize it to charge the battery. I have other Dell laptops and attempted to use their charging cords, which of course didn't work because the input on my laptop is octogan (eight sides) shape. I called Dell with my very first order, because I couldn't see the end of the plug-in. They supposedly assisted me and I ordered the charging/electic cord. Wrong one! Came with round plug-in and didn't work. Called them again and they sent me another one...still a round plug-in. Called again.....sent me a lesser wattage, still had a round plug-in...but it does work. 

My biggest issue is the fact that not one of their service people explained that it may come with a round end, but it still should work and the fact that no one in their customer service department speaks English as their primary language.  Every contact I have had with them, I either have a hard time understanding with whom I am speaking to, or they obviously are not understanding what I am trying to say to them.  They have asked stupid questions....like "if I offer you $10.00 off the cord (the one that doesn't work that I am trying to return because they told me to order the wrong one) will you keep it?" When I am in a conversation with one of their customer service reps and I realize they are not understanding and I try to ask to speak with someone who knows English and is not giving me "canned" questions and answers, I am unable to get anywhere.

Just spoke with a Dell representative yesterday and the day before. One I couldn't understand at all, his English was not intelligible, the other told me he would be sending me a return label for the cord that didn't work through my e-mail...still haven't received it.  Same thing happened with my first return, took two phone calls before I got the return label.

No Responses!
No Events found!