Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 30th, 2017 10:00

Laptop N7110 Win7 re-install drivers help

Hello,

I have just re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my new hard drive successfully. 

However, I cannot connect to the network, and in Device Manager, there are missing network adapters.  

I ran the driver disk utility, which came with this laptop, and all of the network drivers there have checkmarks next to them (to indicate they're installed). 

Next, I went to the Drivers and Downloads link: ,entered my service tag, and downloaded all suggested drivers for my laptop.

However, I'm confused as to what to do now - thanks for any leads.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 30th, 2017 11:00

Not sure why the driver disk isn't taking care of you, but if you manually downloaded drivers for your wired Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi adapters, then try installing them.  If you still can't connect to the Internet, then it appears that multiple Wi-Fi adapters were available for that system, but they all used the same wired Ethernet controller, so if possible, connect your system via wired Ethernet temporarily and install the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet driver just to get on the Internet, then if you're successful, jump to my next paragraph. If you must use Wi-Fi and you can't figure out which driver you should install, go to Device Manager, and for each network controller for which no drivers are installed, open its properties and go to Details > Device Instance Path.  Those VEN and DEV IDs can be Googled in order to identify what device they are and therefore what driver is appropriate.  If you can't find the answer with Google, post the VEN and DEV IDs here and we'll help.

Once you're on the Internet, to make life a little simpler for you than manually installing everything you could find, try installing only the network drivers necessary to get you on the Internet then either install Dell Update (if you found it in the Drivers section under Applications) or else go to support.dell.com from that system using Internet Explorer and try the "Automatically detect driver updates for my system" option.  Either way, if you still have errant devices in Device Manager after that, then let us know what's left, ideally including those VEN and DEV IDs.

10 Posts

August 30th, 2017 21:00

Thanks for your very helpful information.

I did go to my Device Manager and found the VEN and DEV IDs.

My usb drivers also apparently were not installed, as the drivers I downloaded were on a usb flash drive, and the old catch 22, as I did not have a blank disc media onto which to put the drivers.

I tried re-installing those network drivers indicated with a checkmark (as if they were already installed), and that got rid of 2 of the missing drivers.  However, 2 remain, and I have those numbers here (I found some on 3rd party sites; however, I wasn't sure of their validity).

Thank you for your help in this - here are those driver numbers, below:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_04D81028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_04D81028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 30th, 2017 23:00

Ah yes, that system probably only has USB 3.0 ports, and Windows 7 doesn't natively support USB 3.0, so your best bet there is to download the USB 3.0 driver directly on that system now that it's connected to the Internet.  Speaking of which, good thing your system had a DVD drive in order to get those network drivers onto the system, because if you didn't have an optical drive and you couldn't use a flash drive to get them onto the system either due to non-functional USB ports, you would have had to deal with injecting the network and/or USB 3.0 drivers directly into your Windows installation media, which is quite a bit more involved.

Anyway, PCI Vendor 8086 is Intel, so the missing drivers are probably from the chipset package.  If the automated driver installation strategies I mentioned above didn't take care of everything, go to support.dell.com and do NOT enter your Service Tag, since that sometimes filters out drivers that are in fact applicable to your system.  Instead, choose to select your laptop model, then go to Drivers > Find it myself and change the OS selection to Windows 7 64-bit.  Make sure you download and install any of the following that aren't already on your system, or you may want to download and install all of these anyway just to make sure you have the latest version:

-Realtek audio (choose the latest version)

-Dell USB 3.0

-Renesas USB 3.0

-Intel HM67 Chipset

-Realtek Card Reader

-Intel Management Engine

-Intel Turbo Boost

-Dell Touchpad

-Intel Rapid Storage

-Intel HD Graphics (newer version)

-For the GeForce driver, I would actually get that directly from NVIDIA

Good luck!

No Events found!