Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2013 07:00

Laptop Power Charging Problem

For last twp days I am facing a problem with my laptop power charging. When I plug the AC Adapter my laptop is getting charge for couple of minutes,  I can see the white light in laptop power indicator and green light in the AC adapter. After few minutes the charging stops automatically, the green light and white light goes off. If I unplug and plug again my AC adapter it is charging for few minutes and again going off.

Few factors for your reference,

1. My laptop service tag Service tag removed per privacy policy>

2. My laptop current charged level is 8%.

3. I tired in 3 AC plug points whichever is working fine, but my laptops is not charging.

Pls help me to get my issue resolved.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2013 08:00

Hi GopinathDG,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and understand how frustrating this can be. You have tried to connect the AC Adapter to different wall outlets however, have you tried connecting another known good AC Adapter to see if that is working fine on your computer? Do you see any error messages relating to the AC adapter or battery?

Click on the links below to troubleshoot AC Adapter and power charging related issues on your laptop.

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the Battery: http://dell.to/12GnZpB

AC Adapter Error Message Occurs: http://dell.to/116Q4mq

Please keep us posted on the results so that we are able to assist you further.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Posts

August 12th, 2013 21:00

I tired charging my laptop with the another one Dell AC charger which is working fine, my laptop got charged without any issue.

To answer your another one question, I didn't received any error message. I tired running Dell PC Doctor, it haven't identified any issue.

Let me know what next?

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2013 08:00

Hi GopinathDG,

Thank you for your reply.

It is great that the laptop charged fine with a different AC Adapter. This isolates the issue to the original AC Adapter.

Since the system is under warranty, please contact me through private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information (as mentioned below) so that I may access your system records.

• System Service Tag No.:
  • Registered System Owner's Name:
  • Shipping address:
  • Telephone number/s:
  • Email address:

Please reply at the earliest so that we may assist you further.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!