Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2012 20:00

Laptop Return

I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 Laptop that had a hard drive crash after 7 mos of use. Dell has absolutely horrible customer service and unfortunately everyone I talk to is in India and unfortunately rather unintelligent. I was told by several different unintelligent customer service technicians that my hard drive is covered under warranty and needs to be sent to Dell for repair. Only problem none of the unintelligent customer service technicians know the address where it needs to be sent to. They also don't know how to send me a box to send it in to them. So I have a broken laptop with a warranty to be repaired and no one at Dell intelligent enough to help me. Anyone else HATE Dell customer service???? Anyone know where to send broken laptops???

3 Posts

8 Months???!!! I am a new business owner and I thought I was doing the right thing purchasing two new Dell computers for my office. After what you have told me, the fact that both computers have managed to break in 7 months, and the fact that their customer service agents are absolutely horrifying to work with I am totally FREAKED OUT. I just pray that others are reading this and will steer clear of DREADFUL DELL

Yeah no joke I was pretty annoyed when I first bought this laptop it was over a grand I was on the phone giving them hell after paying that amount of money I was not happy at all, for the amount of money paid I expected more.Since then anything wrong with the laptop I fix it myself and stay clear of anything to do with dell or their products. I also hope others as you have said that others will stay clear of this money grabbing company.

If I were you I would demand a refund of the laptop and buy another make. They had three years to fix one simply fan noise problem and they couldn't. When I first got the laptop I also had a HDD problem of which I had to send it back to dell......well lets say this.....they managed to lose my HDD and said they would send me a new one in which it took 8 months. YES you are reading that right 8 months to send another one.

No Events found!