Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2011 14:00

Laptop XPS cant restore, error on domain password and username pls help!

Ive been trying to restore my laptop countless times but everytime I press F8, I get to a window that looks for my username and password. I tried all paawords and usernames that I have but it keep on saying "domain is unable to contact or .. something..." pls I need help.. my laptop is showing problems and the only solution I can think of is factory restore... but it wont let me.. please help.. how do I get out of that password and username thing... I have used the administrator's username and password but to no avail.

3.8K Posts

November 29th, 2011 00:00

Hi Marnisandico,

Welcome to the Community. If you do not enter a password when you log on to windows then try this. Press the F8 key at the Dell Logo, select repair my computer, select your keyboard layout and language, now it will take you to your the user name and password, ( do not enter anything in the admin account ) select your user name (right at the bottom) and press enter, then you should have the options to restore your computer.

support.dell.com/.../document

Or you can use the disc to restore to factory settings.

support.dell.com/.../document

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

November 29th, 2011 17:00

I did all your procedure except that when i get to the point of selecting the repair my computer, the screen brings me to a window that asks me for a username and password, there are no other icons or pictures on the screen except the space to input your username and password... one more thing.. there are no usernames or admin on the bottom like you said, and everytime I enter the admin name or even my username that I always use to open the laptop, I get this message "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted" I cant get pass this point.

I tried entering without any usernames or password.. it keep on saying "needs username and password"

sadly I dont have my discs.. I may have misplaced them when I moved.

6 Posts

February 3rd, 2012 22:00

Same problem on I-1545.  No particular cause identified.

The alternative suggested to me was to purchase the restore CD from Dell.  I'm trying to do that, but they can't seem to deliver on my order.

I'm fed up... with Dell and MS.

No Events found!