Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MS

September 22nd, 2017 04:00

Laptop charging until 25% only.

Hello ... 
i have a dell laptop " LATITUDE E5430 " ,, and i have a problem charging the battery .. 
When i charge my battery ( if it was under 25% ), it works fine, but whenever it reachs 25% the battery stop charging and i get the message: 25% availble (Plugged in, not chargin).
i tried many solutions for this problem but non of them worked, and those are:
- updating the BIOS, Updating the Battery Driver.
-Trying another AC Adabter and i tried to i also tried something i sow on the forum when i have to remove the battery and ac adapter then hold the power button for 30 sec..etc, but still didn't work.
i want to note here that if the battery went to 0 - it can be charged to 25 % -
here i would like to add some notes about my problem: 
-Whenever i remove the AC Adapter from the laptop ( when the charge is at 25% ) and i connect it again, the battery keep chargin for like 80 seconds, then i get the Plugged in not charging message again.
- i took a screenshot form the BIOS setup and it shows this: http://prntscr.com/goa0ma
- i went to Diagnostics when the laptop starts, and i made a video that will show the battery health and how i get the Idle status:

Thank you.. and i'm sorry for making this topic too long, but i just wanted to expalin my problem cz i can't find solutions.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 11:00

After installing Dell Command | Power Manager, please check the battery heath in the BIOS again.

If the battery is still Idle, I suggest you install Dell Command Update (Systems Management) from your Dell Product Support page. The tool will detect any much needed drivers (Chipset) for your system.

How to use Dell Command | Update to update all drivers ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 11:00

According to the Bios image you have posted, the battery is on the old Dell command power manager settings. Please install the latest version of Dell Command | Power Manager from your Dell Product Support page. By the way, windows 10 is on the system?

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2017 12:00

Thank you LSUFAN51 for your reply..

i did as you told me and i searched in my support page for the Dell Command power manager, i found only one wich support my windows ( Windows 7, 64 Bits ).. but my installation fail, i receive this message as shown in this screen shot: https://prnt.sc/gog4ld

i don't know exactly what's the problem, and i hope you can help me with it ..

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 16:00

Please expand the E-Series battery in the link below and verify battery light state.

Diagnostic and Battery Indicators for Dell Latitude ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 18:00

In the meantime,Reset the BIOS to Default Values to see if that will make any difference. If that doesn't fix the battery health, I suggest you re-calibrate the battery by following the steps in the link below. In the Dell article, it suggest keeping the battery out for at least 2 - 3 hours but I suggest leaving the battery out for about 8 hours or overnight.

System battery shows "plugged in not charging" when you ...

No Events found!