Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 25th, 2013 13:00

Laptop completely crashed Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Hello today my Dell inspiron 15R N5010 crashed on me, I had no previous warning that this was going to happen, when it crashed I was just watching a movie and not using up much CPU power. The laptop had not over been over heated, I checked straight after it crashed. It now is completely unresponsive i've tried using different chargers, batteries and I have also checked the internal hardware and everything seems to be intact, I assume at the moment it is a motherboard malfunction. Are there any solutions that you would like to offer, I would greatly appriciate it? Thanks

7 Posts

March 25th, 2013 14:00

Hello, thank you for replying. When I press the power button nothing happens, the laptop is completely lifeless.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 25th, 2013 14:00

Hello Sean58,

In order to assist you further, please help me understand what exactly do you see when you press the power button to turn on the computer. I would suggest running the the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. It would run a test on all the hardware components present in the computer and let us know if any hardware is malfunctioning. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. 

Please try the steps and write back with results.  

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 26th, 2013 16:00

Hello Sean58,

There are couple of steps I would suggest:

1. Try releasing the flea power: 
-- Disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery and the ac adapter and release the flea power by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Turn on the computer and check.

2. Try powering the computer only with the battery connected to the pc and see if the computer powers on. Also try powering the computer only with the AC Adapter connected and check if the computer powers on. 

Please try the steps and write back with results, also let me know the status of the power LED when you press the power button to turn it on. 

No Events found!