Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2017 23:00

Laptop doesn't start and there are 8 beep sounds

Hi,

I have the "Dell Inspiron 15 i15547-5033sLV Signature Edition Laptop". It was running fine and then suddenly stopped running. The display went off. I couldn't get it to turn back on. After a while, it started making continuous beeping sounds. I recorded some of that. It seems like it was beeping 8 times in a set and keep beeping for a good minute or so. After that, I tried the flea battery solution mentioned online and restarted it. This time also it did not start up and made 8 beeping sounds once and then stopped. Only the display light 1 which indicates the charging display light is solid white.

Any ideas on what the problem may be, how I can fix it and how much it may cost? Appreciate your time.

Thanks and Regards,

AD

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 13th, 2017 04:00

The eight beeps means the display isn't recognized - could be a display/cable issue, or could be a mainboard issue.

If it's out of warranty, figure on $200 for anything but a display or mainboard and somewhere in the $350-500 range for a board and/or display replacement (higher end of that if it's a touch panel system).

7 Posts

March 12th, 2017 23:00

is your computer showing any sign of life? you should try taking the battery out of its compartment and reseating it. was it ever dropped?

5 Posts

March 13th, 2017 01:00

No, it isn't showing any sign right now. I did try taking the battery out and resetting it. It wasn't dropped.

Thanks and Regards,

AD

5 Posts

March 13th, 2017 11:00

Thank you so much for the replies and the estimate. That really helps. Appreciate it.

I am going to take it to a repair store near my place to get just the diagnostic done. But, if it's going to cost even $200, it's probably better that I just buy a new laptop.

Hopefully, the hard disk should be still good and I can get my data back with a converting cable.

Thanks and Regards,

AD

No Events found!