Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2017 17:00

Laptop, no boot, blank screen with curser

Helo sir,i hv been following u on ur site nd i so much enjoy ur concern towards d masses.sir i have an issue with my windows 10 dell laptop system afta a friend of mine caused it to fall down .whenever i boot it it show me de ell logo,then will load which afta dat de screen becomes blank only de cusor will appear on the screen.sir l do need your help on this sir

2K Posts

May 28th, 2017 20:00

Hi BLAKE00,

What is the exact system model? 

After the system was dropped, is there any dents / cracks / damage on the chassis or the display or bezel?

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. Also, run an extended / thorough tests on the HDD and memory to check for any possible errors. 

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

If there are no errors on the diags and the LCD self test passes, then connect an external monitor and check if it works fine.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!