Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2015 19:00

Laptop not turning on

The charger seems to be working fine (the charger light is green), and when I plug it in, the light on the laptop is white. If I hold down the power button, the light begins flash white and red. When unplugged, the light is off and occasionally blinks the white light.

This began when I tried to turn on my laptop and it said battery low, and then the screen cut out.

Can anyone help? Thanks. Pls just tell me if I didn't put enough information and I'll be more specific.

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2015 03:00

Bump

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 23rd, 2015 04:00

Remove or disconnect the battery.  Does the flashing stop?  

Will the system power up at all?

What model system?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2015 04:00

" This began when I tried to turn on my laptop and it said battery low, and then the screen cut out."

:emotion-2:

What is your Dell model and windows version ? Example: Dell Inspiron 3048, windows 10

How old is your laptop,you ever had to change the battery for a new one ?The battery could be defective.

Suggestions:

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop and wall socket. Disconnect all Peripherals( printers, external hard drive, usb flash drive, etc....)

2. Remove the battery from the laptop

3. Press and hold in the "Power On " button for about 15 seconds then release.

4.  Replace the battery

5. Plug the AC adapter in the wall socket then the laptop

6. Press the " Power On " button. Hopefully your computer start normally

Or.... you can also try tapping the F12 key(Dell diagnostics).....

1. Powering on your computer, quickly tap F12 continuously for Dell's diagnostics to identify hardware issues on your Laptop.

No Events found!