Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2017 08:00

Laptop not turning on

Hi, i have been using dell laptop inspiron 15  3000 series. Suddenly its gets turned off while using.

I followed the steps prescribed by dell on laptop turning off issue, i.e holding power button for 30 secs then turn on laptop. But its doesnt work for my laptop. And also when i connect my charger to my laptop, there is no charging indicator is blinking in my laptop also there s no beep sounds which i observed.

Plz, give any suggestions for this issue. Its an emergency......

331 Posts

July 1st, 2017 19:00

Hi Bharath,

Please reseat the power cable firmly to the AC adapter, check if the light on the adapter powers on. Also test this adapter on a different system to check it’s functionality. Disconnect all peripherals and the ac adapter from the system, remove the battery out and then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds to release the flea power. Connect only the ac adapter to the system and then power on the system, check if the light remains on the ac adapter when it is connected to the system or goes off. Connect the battery back and then the ac adapter, try to power on the system. Let us know the status of the front LED, is it white or amber. Provide us the Dell Inspiron 15 Model to assist you better.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

No Events found!