ddwmanager
1 Copper

RE: Laptop screen flickering- pink and green!

I am hoping I can chime in on this message...

My wife's 17" Dell laptop started the green screen from DELL logo recently.

The image resolution has also went very bad.  I will try your recommended tonight. If it does not help what is my recourse?

Steve W

0 Kudos
sohail 3370
1 Copper

hi their i am having the same problems and the screen is still pink and green in the bios( could it be possible that its the lcd it self or the mb to lcd display cord cause when i connect an external monitor it works perfectly fine  

0 Kudos
jericaingles
1 Copper

I followed all the steps you stated and the pink on white and green on black on my screen still persists. Any suggestions on what else may be wrong/damaged? My laptop is a Dell Vostro 5560.

0 Kudos
Anto.jose5
1 Copper

Im also having the same display flickering issue.. but it works fine wen i restart the laptop.. dnt know whether the issue is with the LED screen or driver.. need ur help

0 Kudos
jericaingles
1 Copper

Hi Jose,

This happened to me twice. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've figured out how to fix it each time. Just call the Dell Service Center number in your country and they can link you the compatible video card drivers which you can install. Initially, you can try to do the built in LCD test and overall check up by yourself, just to know if your laptop has a hardware or software problem. To be able to do these check ups for your laptop, make sure your laptop is plugged in or has an external power source.

STEP 1: Turn off your computer

CHECK UP (HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, ETC):

STEP 2: Hold the "Fn" button and simultaneously press the power button (while still holding down the "Fn" button)

STEP 3: Take a photo of the results which you can email to your Dell Service helper once you call them

LCD TEST (A SERIES OF FULL SCREEN COLORS WILL APPEAR): 

STEP 2: Hold the "D" button and simultaneously press the power button (while still holding down the "D" button)

STEP 3: Take note of the full white screen and full black screen if they still turn pink and have green speckles respectively. Or if anything else seems out of the ordinary.

Fyi, updating your drivers with the latest versions as stated on the Dell website and NVidia control panel doesn't always fix this problem. This is because the latest versions do not automatically mean they're compatible with either your laptop OS or hardware. It's always best to ask help from the Dell hotline. They usually just email you a download link of the driver you can install. Hope this helps!

Aetnas
1 Copper

Hi i got pink and green screen and i followed the steps.were mentioned i got. Error code 2000 0131 and btw my external battery is not installed

0 Kudos
sophiia
1 Copper

My computer is having the same problem, (the flashing pink, and green lights), although it's seven years old. It's the Inspiron5520, and I can't even get onto the dell startup screen. I was wondering whether I should just throw it away, or if there's anything anyone can do to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sir I have bought Inspiron 5559 a year back and now its display is flickering and showing green and pink colours. My laptop warranty is yet not expired. Also the flickering is there while starting my laptop and the dell logo appear and even in BIOS diagnosis. My laptop's service tag is<Service Tag removed> . Please fix the display issue.

0 Kudos