Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2013 03:00

Laptop stuck in sleep

Hi I bought a Dell Inspiron 5323 around 4 months ago and been enjoying it since then, last night my dad was using it and didnt know how to shut down the laptop as it is in windows8 and shut down option is a little hard to find for first timers so he simply pressed the power button and closed the lid the problem now im facing is that the laptop wont wake up from sleep its power button is lit up and there is another light power which is lit up but nothing happens no matter what i do. Tried pressing the power button for 10 seconds and still nothing happens. Any suggestions? Ive got my uni exams coming up and really need the laptop cant pull out the battery because the battery is built in the laptop. Help please

1.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 04:00

Hi mueed,

Try FN+Power button together and check if the system boots to Diagnostics mode. Also try holding the power button and then connect the adapter to the system to check if it works.

In the meanwhile please provide the system service tag through a private message. To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hello harish,

Really appreciate you trying to help me messaged to the service tag and fn + power didnt work out nothing at all happened and when i connect the power cable the charge light turns up but nothing else

No Events found!