Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2009 15:00

Laptop won't start...Precision m90...

Okay, here's my dilemma. When I turn on my precision m90 laptop, nothing comes up on the screen. The screen is black, but you can tell it is on. The 2 lights, wi-fi and blue tooth light up like they are supposed to. But nothing else. The only thing I can think of is that I had it on my table and moved it off the table the previous night since I needed the whole table. I put it on top of my printer, a Lexmark 3 in 1. When I put it on the printer, I accidentally hit the copy button and the printer's internal started to move, I did lift the laptop back up.

When I later took the laptop off the printer, and opened it up and got to the desktop. It was then the screen had some weird looking fuzzy colors show up and then it went blank.

I just have no idea what the issue is. The reason I bring up the printer though is I'm wondering if there is anything magnetic with that printer that may have wiped out my harddrive. It seems odd, but not sure what else to think. I did put my Vista disc in the drive, but still got nothing. Also, the reason I believe it may be the harddrive is that I took it out and placed it in a friend's dell laptop, and it went through a test, and it said everything was fine except the harddrive. Not sure if that's because it wasn't the actual drive that goes with that laptop.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what else I can put on here for info.

1.6K Posts

February 21st, 2009 16:00

Try an external monitor - is there an image on it?

2 Posts

February 21st, 2009 17:00

I tried that earlier also, but got nothing. I actually tried 2 types of monitors, and still got no image.

One thing I did notice is that the laptop seems to be much hotter than usual. Could that also a potential issue?

No Events found!