Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2017 07:00

Laptop won’t start up

Hello. I own Dell Vostro 5568. Earlier today i was surfing the internet and my laptop just shut down instantly just like that despite the fact that i had completed charging it like 30 minutes before. Seemed weird and i couldnt turn it back on. Then i connected the charger and i could turn it on. I just let it go. An hour later the same thing happened but now i cant turn it back on even with charger plugged in. Even holding the power button does not help. Please what can i do?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 10:00

Hi Koldys,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.

Have you tried taking the battery out and using the adapter plugged in?  If it works, then it would indicate the battery has failed.  If it still does not work, then the charging/power circuit is probably at fault.  If that's the case, the motherboard would have to be replaced. 

2 Posts

October 25th, 2017 05:00

Hello again, so my original problem was fixed by connecting and deconnecting the charger from laptop and it finally started up and everything was OK until today when i noticed that ever since the previous problem everytime i booted the laptop up, there was this blink - like for one second the screen just went black and then suddenly ok. It has been bugging me ever since and then i tried moving the sceen just a bit backwards to improve the angle. And suddenly the whole laptop shut down with 40% of battery juice left and i couldnt start it without the power source but once i connected it and started up the laptop the sceen just went off - black and i couldnt do anything with it. Turning on and off does not help. The power button light suggests the laptop is on but it does not make any noise, completely silent. I must be going crazy.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 30th, 2017 08:00

Yes, it sounds like a motherboard issue.  You may wish to troubleshoot with Tech Support to be sure.  If it is the motherboard and you are still in warranty, they can assist you with getting that replaced.  If not, then check with Dell Spare Parts, parts-people.com or Discount Electronics to see what the cost of a new motherboard would be and weigh that against the purchase of a new computer to see which is best for you.  
You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!