Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

September 27th, 2017 12:00

Laptop won't turn on

My dell laptop isn't​ turning on. When I pressed the power button the power light i. I noticed that the fan starts and stops every 5 secs. So i get an conclusion that the laptop restarts for every seconds. There is no reponse in the display. I tried connecting the ac cord and waited until the battery is of full charge and tried turning on but still it behaves the same. I even tried draining the electricity by removing the battery and disconnecting the ac cord and press & holding the power button for a 1minute. After that tried power on my laptop but no use. I remember that my laptop bag hitted a bit hard towards the floor when kept on the floor while the laptop was inside the bag. So is there any solution that could help me or should i take my lap to service center.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 27th, 2017 13:00

Was this laptop purchased directly from Dell? What specific Dell model? How long have you had it? Accidental damage would only be covered if you had purchased the additional warranty. Does it power on with the battery removed and only using the AC adapter?

4 Posts

September 27th, 2017 22:00

The laptop is not under warranty. Its dell inspiron(dont know the model number). It doesn't turn on  in any condition i have tried them all. What should i do?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 28th, 2017 07:00

Take it to a local computer store and have them try to repair it.

No Events found!