Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2017 20:00

Laptop wont turn on

my brand new inspiron 11 3179 won't turn on. It's been charging for over 2 hours and nothing is happening. what do i do?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 14th, 2017 04:00

Contact Dell customer support to have it exchanged.  It makes no sense to deal with a repair on a DOA system.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 14th, 2017 05:00

Unplug the external power and then make sure you push the button.  On my 17 the button needs extra effort to activate and may have to be held a second or so.

No lights, anywhere, or sounds?

2 Posts

February 14th, 2017 06:00

No there are no lights anywhere and it's not making any sounds. It's been plugged in for over 12 hours now and still nothing.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 14th, 2017 07:00

When you have the external power plugged in there should be a light indicating such.  It may be on the front.  There may also be lights in the power button and on the External Power Supply.

With it plugged in, it should have started up immediately, without needing to be charged first.  If you unplug the power supply now, if it had actually been charging, it should be fully charged and ready to go.  You did try unplugging the power supply, right?

If you know you have tried to turn it on and there is nothing within a few seconds of doing that, you may have to do what was suggested earlier.

22 Posts

February 14th, 2017 07:00

remove the battery and plug in the AC and give it a try, if it switches on then the problem is the battery, if not then just contact Dell for a replacement or from where you bought it from. since it is a new laptop and under warrenty you dont need to bother yourself to repair it.

Hopefully this will help.

No Events found!