Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 14th, 2013 05:00

Laptopn Touchpad bump N5521 (Non-Touch)

Hi,

I recently bought a refurbished Dell N5521 from a local retailer here in Pakistan. The laptop seems to be working fine up till now, however a week into the purchase I noticed small lump/bump on my touchpad which is only noticeable when under light. The said bump does not seem to be effecting the performance of the touchpad but it is pretty annoying. When you press the bump in it seem to get smaller narrowing down to sort of a "screw head". I wonder what could have caused it? Was it the laptop heating up or is it just a defected part or screw which hasn't been screwed in properly?

I hope someone can help me on this!

-Ahmed

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 14th, 2013 08:00

Hi Ahmed,

Please contact one of our Dell Service providers from the following link to get the touchpad replaced: http://dell.to/fBvAmK

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi Ahmed,

I am really not sure what might have caused this issue. As the touchpad is working fine, you may continue using the laptop the way it is. If you find any abnormalities in the touchpad functionality in the near future, please contact nearest Dell Service providers: http://dell.to/16G0JGF

Hope this helps!

July 15th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for the response Nikhil

Actually I have an international warranty on the product and I'am told that I would have to bear the shipment if I were to make a claim. At the moment the problem doesn't seem too severe to bear the expense.

However do you have any idea as to what may have caused it ? And is it something to be worried about? The touchpad seems to be working absolutely fine except for the bumpy feeling you get when you touch a particular portion on the pad. Even the "bump" itself is responsive to a finger stroke :) !

I hope you would be able to help, thanks once again for the prompt response!

-Ahmed

July 16th, 2013 04:00

Yeah I guess that would be the right thing to do.

Thanks a ton for your help!

-Ahmed

No Events found!