Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2015 23:00

Lat e5430 - ASF2 Force Off

Hello,

We got several Dell Latitude e5430 machines with the same problem.

They shutdown randomly.

In the bios event we can see "ASF2 Force Off"

They have all the latest bios version (A15).

They all pass the onboard diagnostics.

Motherboard, CPU and heatsink already replaced.

What can we do to solve this problem?

1.2K Posts

January 27th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Good day ,Thank you for writing to DCF(Dell Community Forum).

I would like to know if manual re-installation of OS was done on this system .

Also do provide the service tag of the system so that I can check the details of the case .

Awaiting a reply from you .

Have a good day ahead.

Kindest Regards,

January 27th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Yes, we tried with win 7 and win 8.

Always the same problem.

Believe me it's not a software problem, we did tests enough.

We work in a hardware support center.

But we can't find a solution.

At this moment we got 3 portables with this problem.

1.2K Posts

January 28th, 2015 09:00

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply!

In this case I would like to know if an extended test was initiated on the memory module .As all the suspected components were replaced I would like to eliminate the memory as well.

Awaiting your reply.

Kindest Regards,

January 28th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Yes there was an extended test on the memory, and we tested it also with memtest86.

1.2K Posts

January 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

May I know if any errors were reported with the memory test .And do you have any overheating issues as well .Also send the service tag of the system and physical address  via private message so that I can arrange for service call.

Awaiting your reply.

Have a great day .

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

1 Message

March 16th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Jennifer, I have the same problem, but with different device (tablet dell venue 11 pro 7130/7139).

Each shutdown result to string "ASF2 Force off" in Power events. I found one page with "suggested answer":

Hello, I work with a large US based company that used the Dell E5430 as a standard, around 20% of our 600 of the ones we purchased had/have this issue. Its and issue with the on board video cards that Dell should really really admit too. The E5440 and smaller E6230 we have do not have this problem, but does not matter, we are no longer going with Dell as a Standard laptop because of the way they are handling this. Go to Dell support chat and describe the problem, BIOS updated to latest A15,  provide the ASF2 force off and ACPI power management errors in the Dell BIOS log and they will get the motherboard replaced, Hopefully not with an onboard video card with less RAM as has happened with some of ours.

I have the latest BIOS and Win updates. I would not want to replace the MB. If your company have any patсhes or methods to switch of this service (or what this is), I would like to use them. 

Also, replace is a difficult way, because the tablet was a gift. And I am in Russia now.

April 21st, 2015 12:00

Did you ever find a solution to you ASF Force off error. I have the same issue.

1 Message

August 10th, 2015 06:00

Did you ever find a solution to you ASF Force off error. I have the same issue.

1 Message

February 7th, 2016 18:00

Same here. I have a newer E7440 that experiences random ASF Force Off errors. Anyone have a fix yet? Dell????

1 Message

March 21st, 2016 14:00

I had a dell latitude E6410 with the same problem, wouldn't even boot to windows logo of running on 64bit, I just got my brothers laptop and switched ram, problem solved..... So I'm guessing ram type is the root problem

1 Message

June 14th, 2017 04:00

Same problem here with E7450. Motherboard already replaced but problem happened again after a few weeks. System diagnostics does not show anything. BIOS updated.

"Power Off - ASF2 force off"

No Events found!