Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2013 20:00

Latitude 10' s delayed again

FYI...........apparently Dell can't produce the Latitude 10'S AGAIN.  Ordered mine first of February and have received order delayed emails ever since.  Most recent date promised no is 3/7, but online sales rep is now saying new orders wont be delivered until 3/28.  I'm about to cancel and go with the Surface Pro.  Any compelling reason to keep waiting for this Latitude 10?

1.3K Posts

March 4th, 2013 00:00

Hi swissitalia,

I am sorry about the inconvenience. Kindly private message the order number so that I can check and update. To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

March 4th, 2013 09:00

Certainly, but I'm telling you now it's pointless.  You will find the same results every other Dell CSR has found- nothing other than "I'm sorry for the delay.........we will email you when it ships.........".            Check your PM's

March 7th, 2013 19:00

An honest answer on what's going on with the orders would be reassuring.

Thanks for the information anyhow.  I was wondering if it was a problem on their end or if there really was a configuration error and the automated system just kept reordering a misconfigured device.

Me too.  I got the case right away and have been staring at it getting more <ADMIN NOTE: Profane word removed per TOU policy>d by the day.  If I ever get it I will be using it for work and could have used it today.

OH and BTW............I woke up to yet another email telling me it was delayed again now estimated to deliver on March 13...........But Im not betting on it.  The Latitude10 webpage at dell is showing estimated delivery dates for new purchases either 3/18 or 3/21.............neither one is the same date I was just given......

I feel for you.  I'm having the same problem.  My original order was on Feb 2.  Dell sent an email saying the order was cancelled do to a bad configuration and reordered Feb 26th, again Feb 27th, and now today (March 7th).  When contacting order support all they'll give me is the current order information with NO explanation.  I asked if they've shipped ANY out and the question was completely ignored.  If I could just get an explanation and an honest answer I'd be much happier.  I've already received the docking station and carrying case or I just may have cancelled the order. 

1.3K Posts

March 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Dave,

Kindly private message me the order number so that I can check and provide an update.To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

March 11th, 2013 09:00

No thanks.  we all know you're just doing your job to try to keep us customers happy.  there is nothing you are going to be able to tell me about my order other than your sorry that it's delayed and you have escalated it. I've been through this at least 3 * already since the beginning of February when I first placed this order. if you want to do something useful why don't you tell us exactly why these units cannot be delivered?

March 11th, 2013 09:00

Sounds like we're ALL in the same boat.  My brain is trained now.  I opened my email this morning looking for the "improper configuration" email agian.  I'm surprised it hasn't showed up yet.  Most likely closer to March 20th (my new estimated date)!  I suspect they're still having problems with the new Atom processor as far as Win 8 certification, and driver issues as the XPS tablet looks like it ships next business day (it uses the Snapdragon processor).

March 11th, 2013 10:00

Funny-I have never gotten a message saying my system was misconfigured.......?  Mine are simply saying there is a delay and click here to keep your order from automatically being cancelled per "FTC rules"

March 11th, 2013 12:00

Oh no, I hope I'm not having a completely different problem.  I'm not sure how it could be misconfigured as there were very few options.

March 12th, 2013 11:00

And it continues........got another email this morning order delayed again..now estimated 3/19.  Im going to send a message to CNET and Engadget and have their writers start hounding Dell for an answer.  They were on it when they first were released............

March 12th, 2013 12:00

What a bummer!  My date is still March 20th.......so far.  As a matter of fact I got a call from Dell last night confirming that this is still the date.  When I asked if they are actually shipping them now I was told that they are.  The person on the phone said it was due to a parts shortage although I suspect it has more to do with the driver issue they were having and Windows Certification for the new "Clover Trail" processor.  Anyhow, if they really ARE shipping it SHOULD just be a matter of time to catch up on all of their back orders........hopefully!

March 13th, 2013 09:00

Suprise suprise.............one mention of contacting CNET and guess what....mi tablet shipped!  Should have it tomorrow!

March 13th, 2013 09:00

Wonderful!  Congratulations!

No Events found!