Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 2nd, 2015 19:00

Latitude 13 2-in-1 (7350) Second Battery Question

Hi all, I recently purchased a Latitude 7350. I believe the system has a primary battery in the tablet and a secondary battery in the keyboard dock.

However, in both Windows and in the BIOS, it only shows a primary battery installed. The second battery is listed as "not present." I've tried attaching and detaching the tablet from the keyboard multiple times and the status hasn't changed.

Any ideas?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2015 02:00

Hi Sincx,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

The system will not show as two batteries because when the keyboard is attached , the system battery & battery below the keyboard will work as one unit which gives 40% more usage time.

In case the keyboard is not used, the unit will still work but the usage time will be less by 40%.

2 Posts

May 12th, 2015 12:00

Hi DELL-SUJATHA K,

There needs to be some clarification then on this issue.  I have (2) 7350s in front of me.  One shows "Battery 2 Not Present" and the other shows both batteries and gives the complete status of the keyboard battery.

Battery Type - Standard

Connection - Battery Slice

Manufacture - SMP

Serial Number - 003D

PPID - CN0J84W07176951AI1MYA00

Now to test, I swapped the two tablets and keyboards and now the new tablet on the above keyboard will ID it but the other tablet that had ID'd a 2nd Battery now states Battery 2 Not Present.

Please explain this.

2 Posts

May 12th, 2015 13:00

Update to my earlier question:

I just got off the phone with Dell Support.  Apparently there are 2 keyboard options for the 7350.  Neither are listed on the ordering page.

Dell Part # FRVYX - 20 watt 2 cell battery keyboard

Dell Part # PXWGK -  Non Battery Keyboard

If you want a 7350 with the Keyboard Battery slice, be sure to give that 20 watt 2 cell part number.

17 Posts

December 20th, 2016 13:00

I am experiencing the same issue. One of my 7350's shows "Battery 1 - NOT PRESENT, Battery 2 - Charging". Which battery is 1 & 2? Is 1 the tablet battery and 2 the keyboard battery?

I just opened the tablet up and I see a battery...

I have not opened the keyboard. I purchased 17 of these things and im noticing a lot of issues with these batterys not charging properly and the orange lite blinking constant like there is an issue. I updated the BIOS thinking this would help but NO.

No Events found!