Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2014 09:00

Latitude D830 IDT Sound Issues

OK, I give up!  Is there an answer to getting sound on my (now required) D830 with a IDT High Def Audio?  Thanks if anyone has an answer.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 13:00

I am running XP SP3 I think.

If you know for sure that you are running XP,  -- that operating system does not have a native audio driver for HD audio (the type in the D830) so you need to install the Sigmatel audio driver, but it won't install unless the chipset driver has been installed. So download and install these in this order, with restarts after each:

1. Dell Notebook System Software

2. Intel Mobile chipset driver

3. Sigmatel R171789 audio driver

If you still have a problem after that, run the audio tests in Dell 32-bit Diagnostics to check for audio hardware failure. The tests are probably no longer on your hard drive but you can run them from the resources cd that shipped with the computer.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 10:00

Hello. Can you supply some more details please?

What is the operating system you are using?

What are the symptoms you have noticed -- no audio through either the speakers or the headphones?

Error messages?

What have you done so far to get it working?

What were the circumstances at the time it stopped working?

etc

D830 with a IDT High Def Audio

The Latitude D830 model had Sigmatel audio so if you have been trying to install an IDT audio driver that might be the problem.

July 22nd, 2014 12:00

Sorry for now fully explaining when I started.

The Latitude D830 is an older machine.  I am running XP SP3 I think.

The Sounds and Audio devices path (from the control panel) has nothing that I can change.

Cannot Start the hardware, Error code “Device cannot start Code 10” is what it comes back with, after  trying “Control”, “Sound & Audio”, “Hardware”.

Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Sound, IDT, gives error, location 65535 & “This device cannot start. (Code 10), Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.”

Have had sound in the past, internal & external speaker, but nothing since trying to get the machine back up and going.elp

No sounds coming from the machine at all.

Thanks for any help.

July 22nd, 2014 16:00

Thank you.  Problem solved.  Cheers.

No Events found!