Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2010 16:00

Latitude E4300 LCD Panel for WWAN and Camera

When I bought my E4300 it was only available with WWAN or Camera, but not both.

My daughter has managed to break the LCD panel and I need to replace it.  It appears from the service manual that an LCD panel is now available that supports both, so I would like to have a go at adding WWAN into my laptop whilst keeping the camera.

Does anyone know the part number so I can search for a second-hand one?  Has anyone tried the same thing and been successful?

Answers gratefully received

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 23rd, 2010 17:00

Sounds like this is what you're looking for:
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=7173

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 23rd, 2010 16:00

The panel is independent of the presence or absence of the antenna and/or camera.  If you're missing the camera or the antenna you need the entire top half of the system - plastic, bezel, antenna and camera complete.

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2010 17:00

Sorry EJN 63, the actual LCD screen is intact, I should have said the backpanel.  The back panel has broken down near the hinge connection.  I have found people selling the back panel with camera or with WWAN aerial, but not both,  The service manual

indicates that a back panel exists that should support both, but I don't know the part number to search for on the web.

3 Posts

September 24th, 2010 16:00

Thanks very much EJN63.  That's exactly what I was looking for!  Have you tried to retrofit WWAN into one of these?

No Events found!