Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 29th, 2016 17:00

Latitude E5400 SIM card

hello, i have dell Latitude E5400  and it has SIM card slot can i use it ?? or just empty slot ?

because when i put light inside the slot i seen (Iron touch the sim card :emotion-10: ) but no any driver and application work with me :(

any idea guys :~

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 30th, 2016 15:00

You need a WWAN card that's compatible with your service provider's network - - the card requires the driver.  The SIM card by itself is not functional - you need the WWAN card to make the connection to your provider network.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 30th, 2016 17:00

Not unless you ordered the system with a WWAN card - and even if you did, chances are that any card that dates from when this system was  new (probably somewhere between 7-8 years ago) would likely need to be replaced to work with a wireless PCS data network at this point.

WWAN cards were/are not standard - they are optional in some markets at purchase.  I don't think Dell even offers the cards  in the US market at this time, since the data providers generally supply their own hardware for their networks when you sign a  data contract with Verizon, AT&T, etc.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2016 17:00

thank you too much for reply, so you mean i have WWAN card already installed on my laptop but not compatible with my provider sim card ?

3 Posts

November 30th, 2016 18:00

thanks again, actually i bought  my laptop from second hand shop in UK  for that i am asking :)

and i have a new one (laptop) with more resources but i like work on E5400 yes its old now but still super:) and better than my new for me :0, and i read that WWAN it support until HSPA not 4G/LTE

i have wireless PCS but come too hot after half an hour :(

No Events found!