Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2016 07:00

Latitude E5420 Mousepad Not Working After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Guys,

I am new here so be gentle! :)

As the title says i have upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and the mouse pad is not working the only drivers i can seem to find seem to relate to a windows 8 update? I have gone into device manager and updated drivers and it says i have the most recent one:- 8.1206.101.112 -  Alps 6/2/14.

I would be very grateful if anybody could help, my system is running 64bit version.

Kind regards.

Mark.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 6th, 2016 23:00

Manually installing a newer (Alps) Touchpad Driver via the Device Manager has worked in a lot of Dell systems which don't have official Windows 10 driver sets. For that model version 8.1206.101.118 has been reported to work:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-touchpad-drivers/ 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would like to informed you that this system ( latitude e5420 ) is not tested with windows 10 . We would advise you not to updated the system as it has not been test you .

We would advise you to revert to the previous version of windows on the system and check if the mouse pad works .

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2016 11:00

Hi Mark,

We are waiting to hear from you ,Kindly let us know if the issue has been fixed.

Thanks

Robin

September 30th, 2016 11:00

HI Robin,

Thanks for your message, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

NO the issue hasn't been fixed!  Why on earth would i want to go back to windows 7?

I don't understand why Dell haven't just issued some up to date drivers for my laptop? As its not very old and it seems most of the other models in my range have been?

I am very angry i paid a lot of money for my laptop it has a powerful processor and a lot of ram and easily works with windows 10 this is the only issue.

I am sorry to have a go at you i am just annoyed, i know its not your fault.

Kind regards.

Mark.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 11:00

Hi Mark,

Kindly click on the link below which will show that this system is not tested for windows 10 .

www.dell.com/.../diagnose

The reason why is because to run windows 10 on the system the specification of the system ( hardware/software ) needs to be compatible.

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 6th, 2016 09:00

Hi Mark,

We are waiting to hear from you ,Kindly let us know if the issue has been fixed.

Thanks

Robin

October 6th, 2016 12:00

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your message the issue has been fixed but not by anything you did or said, as i already said i am not going back to windows 7.

I updated the BIOS uninstalled the mouse pad driver and when i rebooted and the mouse pad driver re-installed and is working fine as is the laptop with windows 10 pro so it just goes to show that this laptop IS compatible with windows 10 despite what Dell is saying.

Cheers.

Mark.

October 7th, 2016 06:00

Many thanks finally an answer that is helpful.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2016 10:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for getting back to us!

Glad that the system is working,we would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused. Do get back to us if there are any other issues.

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

November 7th, 2016 13:00

hi mark .... iwhere can i find drivers for win10

PS; i have the same laptop

No Events found!