Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

September 29th, 2013 11:00

Latitude E5430 'ghost' USB device

Hi,

I don´t know which is the issue, but my recently new Latitude E5430 with Win7 32bit Enteprise automatically detects a 'new' USB device which doesnt exists at all. I have not any new USB device plugged in any of the USB sockets of my laptop, and Windows tries to install that 'ghost' USB device. The worse is that Windows never achieves to succeed, and there is always a Non-working USB device in the 'Device Manager' because Windows cannot find the right driver; which I find normal because there is not any new USB device plugged to the computer at all.

I tried 'uninstalling' the wrong non-working driver installed by Windows, but  if I search for new Hardware, Windows finds again that 'non-existing' USB device and always fails during the driver installation.

I only installed the latest drivers available in the Dell Support web page.

I also tried to uninstalling the non-working driver and then rebooting the machine,... but after rebooting, soon or later, Windows 'finds' that 'missing device' and fails again trying to installing the driver for the fake/ghost USB device.

Anyone has also this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

No Responses!
No Events found!