Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2015 19:00

Latitude E5530, Bluetooth and TouchPad...

Okay, I can't get the "feature" of the touchpad to work where it "disables when a USB mouse is present"

Reason:  There is a perpetual bluetooth mouse appearing in the device manager.

I actually have 3 mouse devices listed:  Touchpad, HID-Compliant (bluetooth), and HID-Compliant (Wifi).  Numbers 1 and 3 are correct.  Number 2 is not really there,

When I pull the WiFi dongle, the #3 mouse correctly goes away, leaving me with two.

Clearly, the touchpad is detecting a "HID-Compliant" mouse "on bluetooth".  BUT THERE IS NO MOUSE PAIRED.  I tried to uninstall the bluetooth software from Add/Remove (or whatever Win7 calls it this year), but the device is still there.  So I did an "uninstall" of the device in the device manager, and it comes back.  (yes rebooting between all attempts)

So, something, somewhere, is claiming to be a mouse on the bluetooth stack.  How do I make it go away, since it's not really there?  Because it is causing the touchpad software to disable, thinking there is another device.

Additionally, when I forgot my mouse, I tried to activate the touchpad...  Do you realize that it is completely *impossible* to manipulate the user interface to the Tochpad applet in the control panel without a mouse in the first place???  You cannot make the "save" button activate. This is the ultimate in poor usage design.

Any help is appreciated.

-Scott

3 Posts

January 7th, 2015 05:00

I solved the first one...

Under menu | "Devices and Printers" there is the bluetooth  mouse.  Apparently a "new feature" in the way MS rearranges everything with every new release .  I deleted it, and now it works as expected.  Not sure why It shows both there, and in the device driver tree even when not present.

Solving the second issue (activating the Touchpad because you forgot your mouse, without having a mouse, is impossible) isn't something I can solve.  It's a bad design.

Anyone who stumbles across this issue, and this solution, I hope this helps.

-Scott

No Events found!