Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2016 05:00

Latitude E5570 - Resolution issue

Hello, this is my first post and hopefully someone can help me with my problem.

Here at work I've had a Dell Latitude E6530 i5 since I started six months ago. Being a graphic designer I soon realized it wasn't powerful enough, so our IT department just got me a Dell Latitude E5570 i7 which apparently is supposed to be better in my line of work.

I use the laptop screen as a secondary screen, and have a bigger Dell screen as my primary screen.

Now to my problem; on my old Latitude E6530 I used a 1600 x 900 resolution, which I thought was perfect. Now, with the Latitude E5570, I can only get 1366 x 768, which I don't really like.

So is there any way I can get the same resolution in my E5570?

I'm taking the risk of getting bashed across the head here, but I've been a Mac dude all my life so I don't have much experience in the rest of the computer world. Hopefully someone can assist me anyway, so I thank you in advance, cheers :-)

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

August 16th, 2016 12:00

It sounds like they got the version with the low end screen.  You can't go any higher then the screen is built for and from what I can tell, the model either comes with a 720p panel which is what you have, or 1080p panel.  

2 Posts

August 16th, 2016 23:00

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Actually the old and the new laptop are exactly the same size if I put them next to each other. But maybe there is a difference in the screen resolutions.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 17th, 2016 03:00

The screen type and resolution will show up in system setup (F2 at powerup) and on the original configuration list (support.dell.com, enter service tag, original configuration).

No Events found!