Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 27th, 2013 10:00

Latitude E6320: No DVD Drive

After a year and a half of constant freezing and lately crashes, I finally bit the bullet and wiped my machine.   I reinstalled Windows 7 and most of the drivers but somewhere along the line, I lost my DVD Drive.    The Resource Disk is in the drive but Windows doesn't even know I have a drive (nothing in the Device Manager).   

The fact that my DVD drive and the SD card reader disappeared without warning was a problem I hoped would be resolved by rebuilding the OS but that doesn't seem to have helped.   Is there any way to get these devices to be recognized?

Athena

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 27th, 2013 11:00

81 Posts

October 27th, 2013 12:00

I know how to build an OS from scratch -- I've done it hundreds of times.    What I can't figure out, is how to get removable storage devices to be consistently recognized on the E6320.   As I noted In my first message, this was an issue before and it seems to have reappeared after installing one of the Dell bits -- which were required to get the fingerprint reader working.

I haven't had any freezing or blue screens in the past 24 hours so I'm cautiously optimistic that re-installing represents a small step forward.  I'd still like to know though, how to hold onto the DVD drive and SD card reader.  

No Events found!