Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2014 05:00

Latitude E6330 - Disabled WiFi adapter when docked - Need it on still

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude E6330 that is great, but when I plug it in to the docking station, it uses the docking stations NIC, but disables the WiFi.

The WiFi here is a different network and I need both.

Any suggestions?

(Running Windows 7 64-bit)

Thanks

130 Posts

January 16th, 2015 07:00

Update for AColes:

I've found installing the latest Power Manager (under System Utilities in downloads) solves the Wi-Fi disconnect issue.

Unfortunately the thermal management modes in it are broken!  Dell software is a Whack-a-Mole of bugs.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

September 9th, 2014 07:00

Hi AColes,

Thanks for the post. I would suggest first making sure your systems Wireless Drivers and system BIOS are up to date with the latest released on The support site linked below.

The Latitude E6330 also has a BIOS setting that would have this effect if enabled. To configure you will need restart your system and hit the at the Dell logo at start up to enter the systems BIOS >> Navigate to the Power management tab then Wireless Radio Control. If this setting is enabled the system will automatically detect a wired/docked connection and disabled the wireless.

Latitude E6330 – Drivers & Downloads

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e6330/drivers

NOTE: the wireless antenna runs through the LCD panel on most laptops so for better wireless signal / performance the screen should be open. 

Thanks,

130 Posts

January 8th, 2015 03:00

I have the same issue on my E5440, although I usually hibernate and this doesn't happen when resuming from hibernation.

I've checked my BIOS and those options are unticked, and yet it still disables the wireless card.  I have to manually flick the hardware switch to re-enable.

BIOS seems very buggy, it doesn't even check if the dock ethernet is even connected before proceeding!

I've got an open support request and I will raise it through that.

No Events found!