Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2013 21:00

Latitude E6410 volume control buttons don't work

hi, the volume control buttons on my E6410 stopped working. all other keys function ok

it has been recognized as a standard PS/2 keyboard in device manager.

tried reinstall IDT driver, no luck,

any help please?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi annleon2002,

The problem is with the quickset drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the quickset drivers should fix the problem.

To uninstall the quick set follow the below instruction:

Select “Start”>type "Programs and Features"> Select "Quickset"> right click the "Quickset">Uninstall.

Follow the onscreen instructions and uninstall the quickset drivers and restart the system to save the changes.

To reinstall the quickset drivers use the link: http://tinyurl.com/cgcakw3

Enter the service tag, select the operating system, and select Quickset drivers from Application list of options.

Follow the onscreen instructions and install the quickset drivers and check.

Please reply with results.

January 7th, 2013 13:00

hi Nikhil,

thanks for the response. However, this doesn't fix my problem.

I didn't see quickset driver in the download link. after a search, it seems to be changed to control point. I downloaded and installed control point but the button still don't work.

any other suggestion?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 9th, 2013 01:00

Hi annleon2002,

I would like you to provide me the service tag of the computer, I would check for the right drivers for the system and provide it to you.

To private message me, click my user name > select “Add as friend” > and select “Start conversation” and message me the service tag.

Awaiting your response.

January 9th, 2013 15:00

thanks so much.

information is sent.

November 9th, 2013 22:00

Hello Nikhil,

I have the same problem on a Latitude E6410, my volume and mute button do not work after a reload of Windows.  I visited he driver download page, entered my Service Tag, selected my operating system (Windows 7 64-bit) but there is no Quickset driver listed.  Also my FN key also does not work after the Windows reinstallation, so I thought it might be related to the same driver.

I sent you a friend request with my Service Tag number and hope you can help me.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 11th, 2013 04:00

I have the same problem on a Latitude E6410, my volume and mute button do not work after a reload of Windows.  I visited he driver download page, entered my Service Tag, selected my operating system (Windows 7 64-bit) but there is no Quickset driver listed. 

A lot of the Latitudes don't use Dell Quickset. I'm not sure which program enables the buttons. If anyone finds out please share.

The program called Dell System Manager (System and Devices Manager) enables/disables the onscreen display of the volume. That program is in the Control Point category on the downloads page. You can also use it to add additional keyboard shortcuts.

1 Message

August 29th, 2023 13:25

for some reason i just tried to fix it for like 2 hours and it got fixed by itself

1 Message

October 27th, 2023 05:16

@dsmpurchase​  have got any kind of solution of this problem i also faced this type of problem. Also my FN key also does not work after the Windows reinstallation

thanks

No Events found!