Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2015 06:00

Latitude E6420 vs SSD Intel 530 120 gb

All the good days. Happy New Year.
Befallen such a story. One beautiful day on the latitude e6420 tion assistant died hdd wd scorpion black. I became upset and began to choose ssd, focused on the Intel 530 series. Bought, installed and then the miracles began. Let's start with the fact that the configuration of the default sata raid on and BIOS version A21. SSD well defined processes and I started installing the OS. The process was not as fast as it should. And now the fun. After a couple of reboots ssd stopped determined. Play around with the configuration sata he again decided not long after a couple of reboots, it was the same again

If someone faced with such a problem tell me what to do. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the translation

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

January 15th, 2015 10:00

Hi ctyz2005,

Thanks for the post! Sorry if I don’t understand completely but sounds like the SSD worked initially but then started performing intermittently before it stopped completely?

If the hard drive is still detected in your systems BIOS I would first suggest running the pre boot diagnostics from the F12 menu. Full diagnostics instructions can be found here.

If the diagnostics pass and you are able to get into Windows check out the following thread here. Some user’s experienced intermittent iaStor issues after adding SSD drives that were resolved through an LPM change. If the diagnostics fail or if the solution here has no effect I would suggest contacting Intel for hardware support / checking the system functions correctly with a known good hard drive installed.

Intel has some great information available to help troubleshoot there drives at the following link: http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-034163.htm

Thanks, 

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 05:00

Good day. Sorry for the long silence. We are talking about a specific incompatibility with ssd intel 530. The forum intel people similar problems. On the other hdd is working properly. Are you aware of these problems ?? Interested in what ssd sets manufacturer ??

No Events found!