Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2013 13:00

Latitude E6420 windows Biometric framework - Broadcom USH drivers

Hi experts,

Request you to check this old_post

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19485564/20278666.aspx#20278666

I have the same problem, even after reinstalling the drivers in order as suggested by Dell.

I have installed "CV_WBF_Setup_Y2GT8_64bit_ZPE.exe"
[1] double click on .exe file with compatability option set as windows 7 and check mark on

run as administrator (better option).
[2] Click ok to get pop-up of Floder.
[3] Now you install Driver (this will clear the Yellow colour highlighted hardware from

device manager)
[4] ReBOOT and then install the Firmware (set to the same level of firmware provided along

with driver).
[5] ReBOOT -> login (with password :-|) and check the biometric devices in control pannel.
you try to check the biometric devices in control panel and check with enrolment.

you might got the below ERROR:
"broadcom ush host components BrcmFMA.exe side-by-side configuration is incorrect"
Correct details as below:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom

USH Host Components\BrcmFMA.exe". Dependent Assembly

Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="wi

n32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed

diagnosis.

solution is to install, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).

now the problem is that the finger print data is getting saved :(
I kept on asking dell support team.
the Big joke is that they call this as OUT OF SCOPE.
:(

Crazy Tech Support

7 Posts

June 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi Guys,

please refer to the below link.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19485564/20338375.aspx#20338375

Reply posted by " P3Sal"

Ok Dell finally released the drivers for Windows 8.  Its a couple step process so here is how I got it working on all of our machines.

Uninstall Dell Data Protection if you have it installed.

Download the firmware and driver from here:

Driver: www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6420

Firmware:www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6420

Extract the firmware and install.  You will need to run it in elevated command line and make sure to select the x64 installer.

Reboot

Once installed you can install the Dell ControlVault Driver

Reboot and you should now see the biometric device.  The software will be Broadcom now instead of Dell and you can register your fingerprints.

Kind regards,

Raghav

6 Posts

February 19th, 2016 18:00

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Is what it needs. THANKS!

This applies to M4800 Win 7 x64

21 Posts

December 14th, 2015 13:00

Oh.  That's easy enough :emotion-18:

Latitude E6500 / Win7.

All I know is that after clicking on CV_WBF_Setup_Y2GT8_64bit_ZPE.exe and exploding the zip files, I'm only seeing hints of an installation procedure, but the document isn't concise at all, or in my case, not useful at all regarding providing an installation procedure.  Normally, the installation would be a lot more user friendly, such as requiring the user to only click "Next," and stuff like that.  Something is screwed up if I'm supposed to go digging around in Windows Explorer and decide which of a dozen cryptic .exe and bat files I'm supposed to click on, if any.

When I dig down and click ushupgrade.exe, i get an error box, "Could not find system32\bipdll.dll or system32\cvusrifc.dll"

I don't even know why I'm bothering with this update.  This laptop E6500 / Win 7 doesn't even have a biometric device -- maybe that's why the upgrade procedure can't find those dll files.  Seems to me that the Dell Support Center steering me to this "update" is erroneous, and the error message could be more useful and concise than "can't find .dll files."  Maybe it should say, "Can't find biometric device.  You don't need this update.  Whoever told you to run this update procedure needs to have his big toe whipped."

But I don't know.  The Dell support-driver-update webpage said I could use this update, and all I really know for sure is that it's not working.

No Events found!